Thank you for your interest in CFRP. The Child and Family Research Partnership is a research center at the LBJ School of Public Affairs at The University of Texas at Austin committed to bridging academic research and public policy. We conduct rigorous research and evaluation work to advance knowledge, impact policy, and strengthen families. Our research partners and clients include federal, state, and local agencies as well as a variety of non-governmental organizations. CFRP is directed by policy professor and scholar Dr. Cynthia Osborne.
We are always looking for motivated, passionate professionals who want to make a positive impact in policy through research. To get notifications of our career opportunities, please sign-up for our CFRP Careers Email List. See below for Current Openings.
Part-Time Student Position: Senior Student Associate - Policy Communications (Spring 2018)
About the Position:
The Center for Health and Social Policy (CHASP) at the LBJ School of Public Affairs is the home of social policy at UT Austin. CHASP’s mission is to reduce social and health disparities in communities, the U.S., and abroad by conducting rigorous interdisciplinary research, facilitating collaborations, and preparing the next generation of innovative policy leaders. CHASP is comprised of a network of faculty from across the UT Austin campus, as well as LBJ School students and alumni.
The Child and Family Research Partnership (CFRP) is a policy research group at the LBJ School of Public Affairs. CFRP partners with state agencies and large non-profit organizations to provide rigorous research and program evaluation to enhance public policy in areas including community supports, early childhood interventions, fatherhood, child welfare, and teen pregnancy prevention.
Both CHASP and CFRP are directed by Dr. Cynthia Osborne. The Programs and Communications Director oversees communication efforts and special events for both CHASP and CFRP, to expand the reach of the research as well as facilitate connections and collaborations. The Senior Student Associate-Policy Communications supports the Programs and Communications Director.
- Write, edit, and proof communications for all channels including website, email, and social media
- Provide logistical and administrative support for conferences and special events
- Assist with design and editing for print and online materials
- Work with research staff on communication materials
- Assist with content scheduling and management
- Track campaigns and channels for analytics
- Manage and maintain communications records
- Support outreach efforts for student initiatives
- Other tasks as needed
- UT graduate student (any department)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience with social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (preferably professionally vs. just personally)
- Experience with website content management, preferably Wordpress and/or Drupal
- Fast learner and organized multitasker
- Desire to continuously learn, contribute, and improve
- Strict attention to detail
- Independent and reliable worker with strong work ethic
- Represent CHASP and CFRP professionally to internal and external groups
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with Adobe Fireworks or Photoshop
- Public policy knowledge
- Position fill date to end date of May 31, 2018. Potential to continue in subsequent semesters; continuation is dependent on quality of work and funding
- Part-time appointment: 15 hours a week
- All work is on-site at the LBJ School of Public Affairs (Sid Richardson Hall, Unit 3)
- $12-$15/hour commensurate with experience and education
Please submit application materials to Anna Lipton Galbraith at email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews as applications are received.
- Cover letter
- Twitter handle