2020 TEXAS FATHERHOOD SUMMIT is now TEXAS FATHERHOOD FRIDAYS
The 2020 Texas Fatherhood Summit was adapted into Texas Fatherhood Fridays, a series of free webinars held over four Fridays during June and July. Dates and themes below - we hope you join us for each one! Click to download the flyer.
Texas Fatherhood Friday dates and themes: (scroll down page for agendas, registration links, and past recordings)
- June 12, 2020 (10:30am-12:00pm CT): Supporting Fathers
- June 26, 2020 (10:30am-12:00pm CT): Fathers' Mental Health Needs
- July 10, 2020 (10:30am-12:00pm CT): Fatherhood During the Perinatal Period
- July 24, 2020 (10:30am-12:00pm CT): Fathers and Public Policy
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
2020 TEXAS FATHERHOOD FRIDAYS
June 12, 2020 (10:30am-12:00pm): Supporting Fathers
◾ Welcome and Introduction to the 2020 Virtual Fatherhood Summit Webinar Series: Dr. Cynthia Osborne, Director, Child and Family Research Partnership; Associate Dean, The University of Texas at Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs & Sasha Rasco, Associate Commissioner, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
◾ Keynote address: Dr. Ron Mincy, Maurice V. Russell Professor of Social Policy and Social Work Practice, Columbia University's School of Social Work
◾ Introduction of the new online Texas Fatherhood Resource Hub
◾ Practitioner Stories: Examples of Excellence Awards
June 26, 2020 (10:30am-12:00pm): Fathers' Mental Health Needs
◾ Welcome and Updates
◾ Fathers' Mental Health Needs Panel: Ed Emmett, former Harris County Judge; Judge Oscar Kazen, Bexar County Court; Kevin Johnson, Positive Recovery Center. Moderator: Dr. Dorothy Mandell, Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies, UT Health Sciences Center
◾ Examples of Excellence - Announcement of Grand Prize Winner
◾ Welcome and Updates
◾ Fathers' Impact on Maternal and Child Health During the Perinatal Period, Dr. Dorothy Mandell, Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies, UT Health Sciences Center, and Dr. Cynthia Osborne, Child and Family Research Partnership, The University of Texas at Austin
◾ Q&A: Drs. Mandell and Osborne will answer pre-submitted questions. Registrants are encouraged to submit questions by 12 noon on Thursday, July 9 to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter by tagging @CFRPlbj.
◾ Welcome and Updates
◾ Enforcement of Access & Visitation for Nonresidential Fathers Panel: Joyce Garcia, El Paso County Domestic Relations Office; Mireya Cepeda, El Paso County Family Court Services Division; David Simpson, Harris County Domestic Relations Office. Moderator: Leah Leone, Access and Visitation, Office of the Attorney General
◾ Prenatal-to-3 Policy Impact Center: Father-Inclusive Policies, Dr. Cynthia Osborne, Child and Family Research Partnership, The University of Texas at Austin
- Who should attend Texas Fatherhood Fridays? Texas Fatherhood Fridays are for professionals who engage with and/or impact policies about fathers and families, including local and state policymakers and agencies, researchers, and representatives from parent and family programs, nonprofits, and other community groups.
- When does registration open? Registration is now open for all four Texas Fatherhood Friday webinars, see above.
- Is there a fee to attend? The Texas Fatherhood Summit and Texas Fatherhood Fridays are hosted by Texas DFPS Prevention and Early Intervention Division and The University of Texas at Austin Child and Family Research Partnership. There is no fee to attend, virtual or in person.
- Can I share with my colleagues? Yes! Anyone can join, so please spread the word! You can click to download the flyer too if you need hard copies.
- Will Texas Fatherhood Fridays be recorded? Yes, we will share the link with registrants, on Twitter and Facebook, and on this page the week following each Fatherhood Friday.
- Are you offering CEUs to attend? No, we do not offer CEUs for our events.
- How do I stay informed? Be sure to sign-up for the CFRP email list to receive updates here and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- What's the event hashtag? The event hashtag is #TXdads2020. Follow and tag us at @CFRPlbj and we'll retweet you!
- Are you seeking speakers? We have a wonderful agenda planned and are not soliciting speakers.
- Are there opportunities for organizations to have a table? Since we have moved to a virtual platform, resource tables are no longer an option this year.
- 2019 Texas Regional Fatherhood Summits (South Padre, Houston, Dallas, and Lubbock, Summer 2019)
- 2018 Texas Fatherhood Summit: Engaging Communities, Strengthening Families (6/29/18, Austin)
- 2017 Texas Fatherhood Summit: Strengthening Services to Support Fathers (3/24/17, Austin)
- 2016 Texas Fatherhood Summit: Building the Evidence-Base for Fatherhood Programs (10/27/16, Austin)
- Questions? Contact CFRP.
The 2020 Texas Fatherhood Fridays series is hosted by the Child and Family Research Partnership at The University of Texas at Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Prevention and Early Intervention Division.