2020 TEXAS FATHERHOOD SUMMIT is now TEXAS FATHERHOOD FRIDAYS
Due to current events, the 2020 Texas Fatherhood Summit will not be taking place in person in Austin as planned and has been adapted into a series of free virtual events, kicking off on the original event date of Friday, June 12, 2020. We’re excited by the opportunities this new format offers.
We're now hosting a series of four webinars called Texas Fatherhood Fridays over June and July. See below for specific dates, agendas, and registration links - we hope you join us for each one! Click to download the flyer.
Sign-up for the CFRP email list to receive updates here and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Please remember to update your travel arrangements, and if you made reservations at the event hotel, the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, you can cancel through your reservation confirmation email or call 512-404-3600.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 TEXAS FATHERHOOD FRIDAYS
◾ Welcome and Introduction to the 2020 Virtual Fatherhood Summit Webinar Series: Dr. Cynthia Osborne, Director, Child and Family Research Partnership; Associate Dean, The University of Texas at Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs & Sasha Rasco, Associate Commissioner, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
◾ Keynote address: Dr. Ron Mincy, Professor of Social Policy and Social Work Practice, Columbia University's School of Social Work
◾ Introduction of the new online Texas Fatherhood Resource Hub
◾ Practitioner Stories: Examples of Excellence Awards
◾ Welcome and Updates
◾ Fathers' Mental Health Needs Panel: Ed Emmett, former Harris County Judge; Judge Oscar Kazen, Bexar County Court; Kevin Johnson, Positive Recovery Center. Moderator: Dr. Dorothy Mandell, Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies, UT Health Sciences Center
◾ Examples of Excellence - Announcement of Grand Prize Winner
◾ Welcome and Updates
◾ Fathers' Impact on Maternal and Child Health During the Perinatal Period, Dr. Dorothy Mandell, Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies, UT Health Sciences Center, and Dr. Cynthia Osborne, Child and Family Research Partnership, The University of Texas at Austin
◾ Welcome and Updates
◾ Enforcement of Access & Visitation for Nonresidential Fathers Panel: Joyce Garcia, El Paso County Domestic Relations Office; Mireya Cepeda, El Paso County Family Court Services Division; David Simpson, Harris County Domestic Relations Office. Moderator: Leah Leone, Access and Visitation, Office of the Attorney General
◾ Prenatal-to-3 Policy Impact Center: Father Inclusive Policies, Dr. Cynthia Osborne, Child and Family Research Partnership, The University of Texas at Austin
- Who should attend Texas Fatherhood Fridays? Texas Fatherhood Fridays are for professionals who engage with and/or impact policies about fathers and families, including local and state policymakers and agencies, researchers, and representatives from parent and family programs, nonprofits, and other community groups.
- When does registration open? Registration is now open for all four Texas Fatherhood Friday webinars, see above.
- Is there a fee to attend? The Texas Fatherhood Summit and Texas Fatherhood Fridays are hosted by Texas DFPS Prevention and Early Intervention Division and The University of Texas at Austin Child and Family Research Partnership. There is no fee to attend, virtual or in person.
- Can I share with my colleagues? Yes! Anyone can join, so please spread the word! You can click to download the flyer too if you need hard copies.
- Are you offering CEUs to attend? No, we do not offer CEUs for our events.
- How do I stay informed? Be sure to sign-up for the CFRP email list to receive updates here and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- What's the event hashtag? The event hashtag is #TXdads2020. Follow and tag us at @CFRPlbj and we'll retweet you!
- Are you seeking speakers? We have a wonderful agenda planned and are not soliciting speakers.
- Are there opportunities for organizations to have a table? Since we have moved to a virtual platform, resource tables are no longer an option this year.
- 2019 Texas Regional Fatherhood Summits (South Padre, Houston, Dallas, and Lubbock, Summer 2019)
- 2018 Texas Fatherhood Summit: Engaging Communities, Strengthening Families (6/29/18, Austin)
- 2017 Texas Fatherhood Summit: Strengthening Services to Support Fathers (3/24/17, Austin)
- 2016 Texas Fatherhood Summit: Building the Evidence-Base for Fatherhood Programs (10/27/16, Austin)
- Questions? Contact CFRP.
The 2020 Texas Fatherhood Fridays series is hosted by the Child and Family Research Partnership at The University of Texas at Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Prevention and Early Intervention Division.